Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Here's what has been...

...keeping me busy lately. I've been having more fun knitting and planning future projects than dyeing lately. I have been at the dye pot, but just not as much as I should be! I absolutely love knitting Katya's hat; yes I found an adorable pattern, called Rose Red. The instructions are so easy and organized to read; by far the best written pattern I've ever knitted. Here's my progress so far:
I'm also trying to design a neck warmer - cowl/scarf all in one to match my beanie hat. This is my second attempt, and I already have to rip the beginning ruffle out and add a few garter rows, too much curling, not enough ruffle to stop it. We'll see how it turns out when I'm done before I do that, though. I find with children scarves are not so practical for me so I want something almost tight around my neck and longer and fuller in the front to tuck inside my coat. I couldn't find anything like what I have pictured in my mind, so I'm really hoping this turns out!
I have plans for this Merino/Cashmere/Nylon that I dyed, it's called Victoria. I want to make socks with it since it will go with so many things. I love the colorway, it was sort of an accident, but the best thing is I wrote it all down and can dye it again. This colorway is my October Phat Fiber sample contribution. Victoria is also on 100% Superfine 19 Micron Merino Top and yarn Soleful, 40 Alpaca/40 Merino/20 Nylon.
This one is also going to be something because it matches this shirt I have perfectly. It was a happy accident as well! When I was re-skeining it, I was thinking to myself, this looks so familiar to me, then it came to me, my shirt!
I immediately went to my room and pulled the shirt out of my drawer and couldn't believe it; I couldn't have done it better if I tried to match it. In person it looks so much better and the sheen from the silk also matches the texture of the shirt perfectly.
It's one of those skeins I just used up some left over dyes and a few primaries and wallah, it's a gorgeous one of a kind and it's mine this time!

I've never made socks out of 50/50 Merino/Silk, what do you think? Will it be too slippery for socks? No doubt it will feel fantastic on my feet, but is it really appropriate for my feet? Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by; I hope you enjoyed your visit. I welcome your comments and enjoy hearing from you!