Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bliss...

...pure bliss! I had a blissful morning arising at 6:30 am without the kids! I made breakfast and ate it while I listed a few yarns in the shop. By 7 I was mixing up dyes for a batch on my new yarn, Soleful Sock. It is wonderful, it takes the dye so beautifully! It is 40% Baby Alpaca, 40% Superwash Merino and 20% Nylon. A super duty yarn! Great for socks, so wonderfully soft and warm! Best yet, you can machine wash it, but dry flat. As always I recommend hand washing, your knits will last all the longer, we spend so much time on them, we need them to last a long time, too!

How could I forget, I also dyed merino top today! What fun, so it's the second time I've dyed any type of roving, top, etc. It was fun, and I have more to do. It will be available in the shop soon as well. I did the same colorway as the Soleful sock yarn, but it looks so different. I love it, I wish I could spin it myself.

In case you're wondering David got up at 8:30 and Katya at 9! It was wonderful. On Thursdays my dear husband takes the kids out for a while so I also had some time to knit my shrug I'm wearing for my brother's wedding in June.

The kids and I went to the park later on and now they are in the tub. A great day, I'm tired and hopefully they go to bed soon. A cup of tea and I'm off to bed soon, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by; I hope you enjoyed your visit. I welcome your comments and enjoy hearing from you!