Sunday, October 10, 2010

We had a lovely...

...relaxing weekend. Saturday we spent the afternoon and evening at my parents with my family and some friends. I brought a long my 20 some skeins of yarn and hung them in the tree, a perfectly beautiful day to be outside. They were dry in almost 2 hours!
I also got some inspiration for my November Phat Fiber samples. The theme is Seasons of Light. I have a few ideas, this being one of them. Every fall we look forward to bonfires, roasting marshmallows, eating smores and staying warm by the fire into the wee hours of the night or morning for some! I have not thought of exactly how I'm going to put it on the yarn or fiber yet, but I have some time to think about it. Some very yummy fiber is in the mail, coming soon, too!
Today was also spent with friends, the kids had a wonderful time playing together and we all feel refreshed and ready to start a new week! I'm feeling much better than last week for sure, a little bit of my cold is hanging on, but I'm feeling better by the day and ready to catch up from last week.

First to do is make bread and a deliscious cake, because my TeaCakeKnitters Club is on Wednesday night. I will be teaching how to knit cables, as requested by a friend. It's really much easier than it looks, I love them so it will be a fun time!

I need to skein up those 20 some skeins plus about another 20 or so, gradually over the week. I want to also dye more worsted weight. I've thought about how I want to dye it while I was sick and it's going to be fun oh so great to knit with! 

Too many other things to mention, both my kids are sleeping, so I'm off to do some knitting on David's sweater so he can wear it soon!
~ Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by; I hope you enjoyed your visit. I welcome your comments and enjoy hearing from you!