Saturday, January 25, 2014

When the perfect pattern...

...doesn't exist, you must be daring and create your own. At least this is what I did. After endless shopping in stores and online for the perfect color purple shirt, I gave up. I didn't care what style it was after a while, I just need a shirt for my daughters skirt! This was about 3 weeks before our trip to Chicago and I decided to design my own. I was crazy, but felt confident that I could execute! Just that I did.

The Yarn: Sumptuosity Fingering Yes it was the most luxurious yarn in my line up for a 6 year old, but it was the perfect color, not to be found anywhere else. I know! It was a 2 of a kind. I had a little dye left over from two other batches and stuck them in the pot together and this is what I got. I had no idea at the time I would be the one using them. It was really perfect and meant to be!

The Pattern: I started two other patterns, hating them both. I couldn't find a feminine vest with a decently written pattern, so thus the reason I designed my own. I'm not sure if I'm going to write this one up or not...I'm just not very good at it. I suppose I could hire someone to do it for me, but then that's not really the same.

I decided I didn't want a full sweater, but a vest would do very well and I only had two skeins. I didn't want to use them as fingering, as it would take too long and I needed the vest to have more body anyway so I doubled them up getting a DK weight. It was perfect!

I took Katya's measurements and starting knitting. I love this yarn and knitting with it is pure luxury! It was going so well, the lace pattern was perfect and I was very confident that I was on the right track.

I finished in under two weeks, with plenty of time to spare before our trip and I was very much pleased with the finished vest! It barely fits her now, but we both look forward to Victoria wearing it.






I love that she is so proud to wear her Mama's hand knits! David on the other hand will only wear green. His vest will be next and yes of course it's green, John Deere Green...kind of, at least he thinks so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by; I hope you enjoyed your visit. I welcome your comments and enjoy hearing from you!