Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm so thrilled...

...with this awesome skein of yarn that I spun. I'm proud to say I spun it all on a drop spindle! I plied on a wheel, much better and faster!

8ounces/250 grams
350 yards

Alpaca, Merino, Mulberry Silk, Camel down, Bamboo, Firestar, Angelina
All spun from these 3 batts:
The fiber is from Boho Knitter Chic Spins and Birds Nest Yarns. It was so much fun to spin these; I started with my first batt last June, almost a year ago! I didn't know what to do with just 3 ounces of fiber, so when I saw another batt in October that was very similar I snatched it up. Then I saw the middle batt that someone else spun, the yarn was gorgeous and I thought it would go perfectly with mine. They all made for a perfect 3 ply and I'm very happy with how it turned out! I want to make myself an ear-flap hat and mittens, but I'm not sure I'll have enough for both, we'll see as I go along, not sure what I want more though, mittens or hat...

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous job you did, and on a spindle! I don't know that I have enough of an attention span to do that. :) It is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; I hope you enjoyed your visit. I welcome your comments and enjoy hearing from you!